Wednesday, March 31, 2010

got soccer?

I eat, breathe, sleep and live soccer. It didn't happen overnight but making sense of how it all began has me scratching my head.

The boys started playing in Mexico and we put them on teams when we moved back to the US, 3 years ago.

2 years ago Mikey started playing 2 leagues.

This year DonDon started playing 2 leagues.

1.5 years ago M started playing co-ed.

6-9 months ago the women from M's co-ed team talked me into playing on their womens team. I suppose I did ok. I scored a goal in my first game and they asked me back for another season.
After my 1st womens season I was asked to play co-ed on M's 2nd team. That scared me but I did it. Then I was asked to be a sub on a M's original co-ed team.

Yesterday I had the bright idea to team up with one of Mikey's team mate's mom and us start our own team. We're rounding up other parents to form our team to start the next season in about 6 weeks. We've even talked Mikey's head coach, a former pro, to play with us. We may all get schooled but we will be having fun!

Look for a soccer LO soon & frequent updates on our teams!

No comments:

Post a Comment